FAQs about the Center

What services are available?
Our current list of services can be found here. If you would like to find out more information on these services, please reach out to one of our Advocates at 208-577-4400. Walk-ins are also welcome.

When is Faces of Hope Victim Center open?
The Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except for federal holidays when we are closed. Walk-ins are welcome during these open hours. Emergency walk-ins are welcome anytime, 24/7. We have a security guard onsite for such situations after hours and on weekends. The security guard have a detective, victim witness coordinator, and SAFE nurse meet you at the Center within 30 minutes for after-hour walk-ins. For emergencies, always call 911.

Do I need an appointment?
No, appointments are not necessary. We will see you on a first come, first served basis. You can schedule an appointment, if you would prefer by calling 208-577-4400.
Where is Faces of Hope Victim Center located?
We are located at 417 S 6th Street, Boise, ID 83702.

Will anyone find out I was at the Center?
All client records and information are kept in the strictest of confidence. Information will not be shared without a written release form from the client or where legal exceptions exist.
Is there a cost for services at the Center?
No. All services are provided to you, free of charge. We know that finances can be an obstacle to receiving care, so we want to remove that for you.

Can I bring my children with me?
You may bring your children to the Center as we have a specially designed area in the reception, where children can play while you are receiving services at the Center. However, we do not provide dedicated child care. For younger children who need supervision, we suggest that you bring someone who can care for your children. If you cannot find anyone to supervise your young children, please come in and we will try our best to serve you. We do not want this to be a hindrance to you receiving care.

Where do I park?
We have a parking lot that can be reached from Myrtle Street. Once you’ve crossed Capitol and before you reach 6th, there is an entrance to the lot on the left. There is also street parking around our building and we can validate your parking at the Hampton Inn parking garage on Capitol.
May I bring a friend or family member with me for support?
Yes. However, when you meet with one of our specialized professionals at the Center, your friend or family member may be asked to wait for you in the waiting area. They may also request to speak with another Advocate, if they would like additional information on supporting you as their friend or family member.

What if I do not want to share my information with all agencies at the Center?
The partner agencies at Faces of Hope Victim Center are committed to your safety, security, and healing. The information that you share with our Advocate will not be shared with any other organization within the Center, without your permission.There are some things that all people in Idaho are required to report, even if you do not give your permission. This includes suspected child abuse or neglect, and suspected elder abuse or neglect.
Each partner agency in the Center has different requirements about what information they must keep confidential and what information can be shared. When you meet with a partner agency in the Center, they can help you understand your rights regarding your information.

Can I make a police report at the Center?
Yes, if the incident occurred inside Ada County. If the incident occurred outside of Ada County, law enforcement services may not be readily available to respond and may require a follow up appointment.
Is the Center safe?
Yes. We have locked doors throughout the Center that can only be accessed with a key code. This includes the doors immediately upon entering the Center. We also have Boise Police Department onsite for added security.
Are services available in other languages?
Yes. If you need an interpreter, we will provide this service to you, at no cost.

Is the Center accessible to persons with disabilities?
Yes. The Center is fully accessible for persons with disabilities.

Can I access the Center, if I do not have legal immigration status?
Yes, services are available no matter what your immigration status is. While we perform a safety check at reception, it does not look for immigration status.Federal and state laws provide protection for all survivors of intimate partner violence, sexual violence, and child abuse, regardless of the individual’s country of origin, citizenship, or immigration status.  The Center’s services are offered free and confidentially to all persons.
The Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act provides protection for undocumented individuals, who are victims of intimate partner violence, sexual violence, and stalking. No person in the United States can be denied benefits to any program or activity made available under this act based on national origin.

Can I get help completing out a protection order at the Center?
Yes. Plus, there is no cost for filing a protection order. Here is a link to the Protection Order paperwork.

What is mandatory reporting?
In the State of Idaho, certain providers are mandated by law to report suspected or known abuse to a child, elder, or dependent adult. Staff must also make a report, if you express a desire to commit an act, which would hurt yourself (suicide) or another person (homicide). Reports are made in the interest of keeping you and your family safe.

Can I bring a friend with me?
Yes. However, when you meet with one of our professionals at the Center, your friend or family member may be asked to wait for you in the waiting area. They may also request to speak with another advocate, if they would like additional information on supporting you as their friend or family member.

Do I need to file a police report to receive services?
No. You do not need to file a report with police to receive services. We will meet you where you are at in your journey.

If I don’t want police involvement can I still come to the center?
Yes. Faces of Hope will meet you where you are at.  You do not need to involve law enforcement in order to receive our services. Relationships can be complicated, we are here to help wherever we can.
Do I need to have a criminal court case to go to the Center?
No. Anyone who has experienced interpersonal violence can utilize services at the Center, regardless of whether or not you have a current or previous criminal case.
Can I return to the Center for services at a later date?
Yes. We encourage you to take advantage of all appropriate services.

Is there a quick guide for all resources in my area?
Yes. Here is the local self-rescue manual: http://www.selfrescuemanual.com